Monday, September 21, 2009

Ntarama Genocide Memorial Pics






The first three pics are of the Ntarama Genocide Memorial. This was a church where people went for safety. But they were attacked. When you walk in there is a rack of skulls and bones (3rd pic). That hits you hard. Then you walk in more and see the rest of the church. They have preserved the clothes that people were wearing when they died. They are laid out all around the church (2nd pic). The hardest part of this memorial is knowing that not only did a massacre occur here, but it occurred in a CHURCH. This place was supposed to be sacred and respected by all- but it wasn't.
Note: I have a lot more pictures from these memorials that I would love to share, but do not have the internet or time capacity. When I get home I'll make sure to update these because I really think that these are important things to share!
This picture is from our drive. Rwanda is beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment