Thursday, August 20, 2009

Last Night in Granby...





Hi All,

Tonight is my last night in Granby.  I've had quite the whirlwind tour of goodbyes, starting with our last trip to Maryland!!  My Mom's family surprised me with a little party-- including CAKE!! Yum!   It was so enjoyable to see everyone and share laughs!  Mary Jo had the best goodbye quote:  "I only have three letters for you: S-P-F-!!"  hehe!

Next up:  Our weekend trip to Sue and Bob's lake house in NY.  We enjoyed some lazy time in the lake and a day at the races.  Then we popped over to the Dolans and enjoyed some delicious appetizers with Katie, Caitlin, and Monica!!   Last night, I had my Paige, Anna, Jeana goodbyes and today I went over to the Orchard to see Mrs. Wutka!   What a whirlwind trip...and I haven't even left Granby yet! 

Tomorrow...we're off to NYC.  Meag is going to meet us and then they'll drop me off at JFK on Saturday night!  EEEEEKS!!!

Also...this morning I got a HAIR CUT!  We decided that I haven't had my hair this short since I was 5.  But I really like it and I'm hoping it will be low maintenance!  

Now to switch gears....here's a rough schedule for my program!  When I first got this email, I was at my internship and couldn't stop dancing in my chair all day!!  :)

Week 1:               Orientation in Kampala and Jinja, visits to historical and cultural sites; Sezibwa falls and to the source of the river Nile.

Week 2&3:                  Homestay, language and culture study, development studies seminars, field study seminars, NGO site visits, and progressive preparations for the development practicum.

Week 4:                       Educational excursion to western Uganda and to Rwanda; visits to NGOs, Ankole culture, visits to genocide memorial sites, Queen Elizabeth National Park.

Week 5&6:                Continued homestay, language study, development studies seminar, in-depth study, field visits, and progressive preparations for practicum.

Week 7:                      Educational Excursion to eastern Uganda, including a rural homestay

Week 8:                     Continued homestay in Kampala, language study, development studies seminar, field study seminar, final preparations for practicum.

Week 9–14:                 Practicum Period

Week 15:                     Practicum paper presentations, semester evaluation, preparations to leave Uganda.

 


Okay...back to packing!!  


<3cm


P.S.  Here's my mailing  address, in case anyone wanted to send a card:


Regular Mail:

Courtney McGuire

Kati House, First Floor

Plot 2, Kyagwe Road

P.O. Box 23431

Kampala, Uganda



DHL/FedEx Address:

Courtney McGuire

SIT/World Learning

Resource Centre

Kati House

Plot 2, Kyagwe Road

Kampala, Uganda





No comments:

Post a Comment