Friday, July 31, 2009

Visa!

So exciting!!

Last Friday, I sent my Visa application in. It was quite the nerve-wracking experience sending away my passport with wishes for a quick turnaround! Little did I know that as I was driving down to Gran & Papa's on Wednesday, I would get a phone call from Mom saying the post office had called with a package that had to be signed for...FOR ME...from the EMBASSY OF UGANDA! Super exciting!!

When they opened it, all was good..except for my exit date: November 23rd--EEEK, three weeks before my program ended!!! Not good.

But after chatting with the program coordinator from SIT, the problem has been resolved! I forgot that the Ugandan Embassy is only issuing visas for 3 months...so it's okay that mine was going to kick me out in Nov. So...once the time comes, I'll just get it re-issued and all will be good!!

The preparations for this trip have been quite exciting...but I never realized how much went into such a trip! SIT has been such a help guiding us all through this process and has had some awesome tips!! I'm so excited to see the pieces falling into place and I can't wait to get there!!! Less than a MONTH!!!

:)

<3cm

No comments:

Post a Comment